Chipotle Deviled Eggs with Chorizo
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotles
- 1 teaspoon chile ancho powder
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces Spanish-style chorizo finely chopped
- 1 chipotle in adobo seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions sliced extra thin, just the greens
- chipotle powder for dusting
You had me at chipotle deviled eggs! I absolutely love deviled eggs! Add smoky chipotle, Spanish-style chorizo and you have a delicious appetizer for any occasion. I have the fondest memories of coloring hard-boiled eggs for Easter with my brothers. These eggs are a delicious kicked up version of those simply colored eggs I enjoyed as a kid. The possibilities are endless when it comes to dressing them up. The smokiness of the chipotle pairs well with the Spanish chorizo and the creamy egg filling. You will be the hit of the party when you show up with a plate full of these tasty bites!
When preparing hard-boiled eggs, purchase and store the eggs for a week before using them. A more mature egg peels easier.