- 4 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups refried beans
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 4 flour tortillas 12 inch
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 avocados mashed with salt and lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeño chile chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- 1 cup Sour cream for garnish
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
This recipe for chimichangas is originally from Mexico's Northern most states and has become a famous Tex-Mex staple all over the United States.
Chimichangas are usually filled with various ingredients ranging from dried meat to chicken, and sometimes even both! This recipe is easy and quick to make.
For a vegetarian version, simply remove the rotisserie chicken and substitute it with a vegetable of your choice.
Top them with avocado or guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream and cheese and you have something that's delicious and easy to serve.