Chicken and Poblano Bites
- Chicken-Poblano Mixture
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless and skinless; cut into bite-size portions
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 poblano peppers seeded and deveined, sliced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Baking Mixture
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
Who doesn't love finger food? Anything bite-sized or on a stick is always popular, and these cheesy chicken and poblano bites are no exception. Don't be fooled by the poblano peppers; these are not spicy but the peppers do add a dash of taste. Add any other ingredients like red bell peppers or even chorizo. Why not?
If you do want them to be a bit spicy, then replace the poblanos with jalapeños or for a SUPER spicy version, replace with serrano peppers.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add onion and sliced poblanos, cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through. Stir in cheese and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup chicken-poblano mixture and again spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture on top of chicken-poblano mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve.