Cajeta Chocolate Flan
- Non- stick baking spray
- 1/2 cup cajeta
- 1 7.6-oz. can Media Crema
- 12 ounce –semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 14-oz. can La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- sea salt to taste
Everyone loves flan. This cajeta chocolate flan is even more delicious than regular flan, particularly because of the dash of added sea salt. Cajeta is a Mexican confection of thickened syrup, typically made of sweetened caramelized goat's milk (often with a touch of cow's milk in the mix). The dish is said to come from Celaya, a city in the state of Guanajuato. It is a cousin to leche quemada, and dulce de leche, which is popular all over Latin America.
The secret to a successful flan is making sure it remains in the refrigerator long enough before you flip it over.