Avocado and Tortilla Soup
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz) tomatoes in juice diced
- 3 pints chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt with red pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- 10 corn tortillas (day old) cut in strips
- 2 hass avocados ripe, fresh, peeled, seeded and cubed or sliced
- 2 cups queso fresco crumbled
- 2 limes quartered
Mexican tortilla soup, and most all soup recipes for that matter, are even better with a delicious Hass avocado topping. Savor this warm and rich tortilla soup featuring fresh avocado, queso fresco cheese, tortilla strips, and lime juice.
Find more great avocado recipes at Fresh Avocados - Love One Today.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.