- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium fresh Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes and (optional) cherry tomatoes, divided use
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeño minced (seeds and ribs discarded)
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large cooked shrimp
Start adding some color to your meals and snacks, because adding even one serving of color in the form of fruits and vegetables each day is a great way to start building a healthier you. All forms (fresh, frozen, canned and dried) and all colors count!
These recipes are brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.