Avocado and Grilled Veggie Torta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red or yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- ½ red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 small zucchini peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 ripe, fresh Hass avocados seeded, peeled, diced, divided
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 telera (Mexican-style soft sandwich rolls)
This Love One Today® fresh avocado recipe is another way to make the American Heart Association’s® recommendations part of your healthy lifestyle.
Stuffed with fire-grilled vegetables and a sprinkling of light queso.
Heart-Checked certification does not apply to all recipes or information unless expressly stated. American Heart Association and Healthy For Good are trademarks of the AHA.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.